Summary of Welcome Back to School Letter
- Please check for announcements and important documents on the Roosevelt Website at: http://roosevelt.rupertschools.ca/
- School attendance is voluntary and is up to families if they want to send their children.
- Please DO NOT send your child to school if they are sick or showing any symptoms of influenza, a cold or any other raspatory disease that include symptoms such as fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, rash.
- If children begin to show any symptoms at school, families will be immediately contacted to pick up their child.
- Students will be attending from Monday to Thursday, either in the mornings from 9:00 – 11:30 or in the afternoons from 12:30 – 3:00.
- Fridays will continue with remote instruction/distance learning.
- If you are not sure when your child is attending, please contact the school.
- Students will not eat lunch at school unless they are attending the districts Essential Service Workers ESW daycare (more information below).
- The breakfast program will not be available for the month of June, however the Bags of Goodness, weekly grocery deliveries, will continue.
What to bring/Not bring
- Child’s most recent work package
- a snack and water bottle
- any technology that the school district has lent to you
- Students will line up at their usual location but must keeping a safe distance from all other children and most importantly avoiding any physical contact with others.
- Classes will be greeted by their teacher
- As children enter the building they will be required to sanitize their hands. Teachers will have spray bottles.
- Students must wash their hands when they come, througout the day and before they leave.
- ONLY CHILDREN AND STAFF will be allowed in the building.
- Late students are to be dropped off at the office door.
- Currently the school playground equipment remains closed.
Day Care for Essential Service Workers ESW’s:
- Day care will be available both mornings and afternoons from 7:15 am to 4:30 pm for tier one and two ESW’s.
- Children will eat lunch in the daycare room.
- If at all possible, please phone the office if you have any questions instead of visiting.
- If there is an emergency message for your child please phone ahead and that message will be delivered to your child in their classroom.
- If you need to speak to Mme. Michaud, Mr. Zlatanov or any other staff please call ahead and make an appointment.